Monday, February 8, 2010

Let there be White Light




I decided last week I no longer cared for my bedroom decor. It's like it's halfway from where I wanted it to be.
Lately I've been obsessed with what I like to call "Victorian" style. To me, it's a mixture of sort of French looking stuff that either is an antique, or looks like it could be. I'm posting pics above this post of the "after" view of how and why I changed the lamps in my room. It's also a way to purge the "Ikeaness" from my bedroom. These were sort of a nice neutral style that like a great pair of jeans, can be dressed up or down. I liked the crystal stem too, its got an interesting shape to it, it's like it was plucked from Supermans lair or something, I dig it. The only thing I don't love is that unlike my Ikea lamps, the light it gives off is quite white, but that's a result of the shade and something I'll just have to adjust too.
Nothing beats a soft yellow light, it's like a view with beer goggles on, everything just looks that much nicer, except I think when I wake up in the morning and look at them , I won't be muttering "Oh my God what was I thinking....".

Item: Glass Crystal Stem Lamps with White Shade
Price: $ 39.99 each (on sale)
Location: Homesense Coquitlam