Monday, December 7, 2009

Pretty Boring vs Boring


This isn't one of those things that is going to go down in my own hall of fame, but it's something I've been hunting down for quite a while.
A black dress is just that, a black dress. Something about it has to be interesting in order to make it so, and I like the details this one had. The fabric is like a lightweight partially sheer material which actually makes a slip underneath give it a little more zing.
The sleeves didn't photograph well, but they bell out and it gives it a nice etherial touch.
See, it really is boring and even I'm not interested enough to bother writing about it anymore, but I really do like it and it can be used for just about anything. The trick with this kind of dress is accessories and shoes, and I was thinking of a particular pair of shoes when I bought it. Brought the dress home, tried it on with the shoes, threw on a necklace and some bangles and voila, it became that much more interesting. Congratulations LBD, you can stay.

Item: Longsleeved Black Dress
Price: $56.90
Location: Zara Metrotown