Saturday, October 24, 2009

Yay-Hawww!!


If anyone knows me well, they know that I am not a fan of second hand shopping or vintage stores. For the most part, I'd rather pierce my own eyelids than sift through racks of preloved clothing that is generally like a garage sale, meaning you are just buying someone else's crap. No need for crap here, I'm all stocked up thanks.

BUT...I came across this store called Turnabout which is a consignment store. While yes, there is a bit of sifting involved, I can say that most of the merchandise in the stores is wearable and in good condition. If you do have the time or energy to sort through racks (which are conveniently organized by size and color), you might just find a hidden gem.

I found my gem today in the form of Black Cowboy boots. Cowboy boots are a staple in my wardrobe like underwear. I wear them year round and in my opinion, they go with everything. In the summer I'm a huge fan of the dress with cowboy boots ensemble. While I can't really fit my personal style into one tiny little category, I will generally say that I'm going for a "rock star on their day off" type look, and boots and a dress do it for me with little effort.

Like leather jackets, Cowboy boots are one of those things that look better worn in. I picked these up today and while unfortunately there are no other pairs available, I did see a few other cute things in the store and stock is put out on the floor on a daily basis. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.

Worth mentioning- At the Broadway location there is a pair of Betsey Johnson platform light tan little moccasin booties, about ankle height. Size 6, if they fit you, snatch those up! If you are like me and you have little patience for digging through racks, the shoes are displayed for easy viewing and it's easy enough to do a quick scan and see if there is anything interesting. The Granville location has a specific designer area for both clothing,bags and shoes so if you are a label whore...head there for some second hand pricing for some otherwise for the most part new items.

Item: Sancho Leather Cowboy boots
Location: Turnabout- Broadway and Ballaclava
-Granville between 15th and 16th
Price:$49.95