Saturday, October 31, 2009

Who did that?


Cut and Color done by John Viera at Axis Hair Salon in Sinclair Centre.

So I went to see John on the recommendation of a friend. (Lexi if you are out there, I owe you for this one!)
John is ah-may-zing. There are a lot of hairdressers out there who are not fond of doing red hair, fake or otherwise. It's messy,and unless the client maintains the color you are like a walking billboard of a crappy job that is not their fault once the color has faded. John gets so close to my roots with the color I swear the couple inches that grow out are actually dyed red.
I'm usually in the salon for a few hours because my hair is done in a few stages, so I've seen him turn out some pretty rad looking blonds in my time there.Given the fact that he's been doing this for over 10 years, he's a pro at churning out colors that are as close to perfection as you will ever see. He's also honest, and if you ask him what he thinks of a shade or color, he'll tell you if he thinks you would be better suited for something else. He's told me numerous times that I'm insane and that my search for the perfect pomegranate color will only be achieved if I actually dip my head in pomegranate juice; But he's gotten me pretty damn close, and for that, I will always love him.

He's also easy on the eyes and it makes the waiting time go by all that much faster when you have something nice to look at no?

Item: Haircut and Style by John Viera
Price: Call the salon/get consultation
Location:Axis Hair salon-57 HASTINGS ST W Vancouver, British Columbia (In Sinclar Centre where the passport office is)
Phone : (604) 608-0860